Wednesday, August 11, 2004

 

About Me

I'm a freelance sports and travel writer based in Washington, D.C. I wrote Sky Kings: Black Pioneers of Professional Basketball. My work has also appeared in the anthologies Baseball in the Carolinas, and Between Race and Empire. I write book reviews and travel features. Over the past two years, I've traveled more than 30,000 miles in the U.S., including individual or group press trips to Oakland, Orlando, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Destin, Daytona Beach, The Outer Banks, Cocoa Beach, Amarillo and Huntsville. In 2004 I will be writing a documentary on the history of Black baseball in Baltimore. Also look for my essay in the upcoming book Basketball in America (Haworth 2004).

BCB

(an excerpt from my chapter in Baseball in the Carolinas):

http://www.mcfarlandbaseball.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1021898734,37123,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?